There are five basic concepts used with both the mental and physical action this system deploys. This allows Rene Latosa's Escrima System to keep developing and progressing into the future.This DVD presents:
- The Latosa Escrima system introduces the use of concepts that are infused into the techniques.
- The concepts consist of the following: balance, speed/timing/distance, power, focus, and transition.
- The concepts provide the tools to develop the basis of what you do, how you do it, and why.
- The DVD series is an education in body motion and weapon efficiency, not just physical movements attached to techniques.
- Designed to ignite the expansion of innovation and creativity.
There are no sets of rules to follow, only the simple observation of understanding how to use the tools (concepts) to meet your needs. There is no frill or thrills, these movements and how to expand their use into short power, strategic positioning of the offense, and the dangerous reality associated with weapons training-and that there must be a clear separation between reality (real time speed, stress, and danger) and practice.About the Author:
Rene Latosa began his training in 1968 and has studied under such masters as Dentoy Revillar, Serrada style: Max Sarmiento, Cadena de Mano style: Leo Giron, Larga Mano style; and Angel Cabales; Serrada style. However, the most influential man in his life was his father, Juan Latosa. The training under his father's tutelage was far from easy and comfortable. The elder Latosa forged his son in the harshest and most difficult elements of the traditional Filipino arts, and shaped in Rene's mind the basis structure that would one day become the Latosa Escrima system. Master Rene Latosa is known for never hiding information from his students, but freely sharing his knowledge and experiences.